A designated telephone advice and triage line is available for pregnant women to access advice and support from a midwife 24 hours day, 7 days a week.
The line is available during pregnancy, labour and following the baby’s birth for women under the care of Royal Surrey County Hospital, Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals and Epsom and St Helier Hospitals.
One telephone number will connect to Surrey Heartlands Pregnancy Advice Line – 0300 123 5473.
The Advice Line will:
- Triage calls, assess any risks and signpost women to the most appropriate place for their care, providing easier access for all women to the right maternity care
- Give women 24 hour access, 7 days a week to clinical advice from qualified midwives
- Enhance links with emergency services when required for pregnancy-related health issues
- Connect women with midwives who have up-to-date information on the capacity of each maternity unit, enabling the midwives to direct pregnant women to the best place for their care or birth at any time
- Enable health professionals to get fast access to a midwife for advice or triage.